Cortec VpCI-105 emitters are unique devices designed to provide corrosion protection for metal components and parts enclosed in non-ventilated control boxes, cabinets, or tool boxes up to 5 cubic feet (141.6 liters). The VpCI-105 device emits Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors (VpCIs), which form a protective coating on all metal surfaces. VpCI-105 is a patented plastic emitter with a breathable Tyvek membrane through which the corrosion inhibitor is released. It provides long-term protection against corrosion even in the presence of adverse conditions including salt, moisture, airborne contaminants, H2S, SO2, NH3, and others. Each emitter measures 2.25" in diameter x .75" high.
- Packaging and storage electrical equipment
- Marine navigation and communication electronic equipment
- Aerospace electrical controls
- Electric motors
- Switching equipment
- Fuse boxes and power boxes
- Medical equipment
- Electrical wireways and terminal boxes
- Scientific and measuring instruments
- Telecommunications equipment
- Remote electronics devices
- Hand-held battery-operated devices
- Tool-boxes, gun safes, and any other enclosure for metal storage
- Economical to use
- Provides continuous protection for up to 24 months
- Effective in polluted and humid environments
- Does not interfere with electrical, optical, or mechanical surface properties
- Multimetal protection
- Quick and easy installation
- Protects during operation and shutdown
- Non-toxic and safe to handle
- Compact, space-saving, and unobtrusive device
- Free of nitrites, hylogens, and phosphates
- No spraying, wiping, or dipping required
- Low VOC values
- Meets Southern California Clean Air Act and other National and local regulations
- Self-stick back
- Self-stick date label
- FDA and USDA approved
- Approved for U.S. military and NATO
- NSN 6850-01-406-2060
- RoHS Compliant
Method of Application:
VpCI-105 is extremely simple and convenient to install. The device should be installed at the earliest possible time. Simply select a space within any enclosure where corrosion protection would be useful. Verify the surface the device will be affixed to is clean and free of debris. Peel off the protective peel strip from the bottom of the device and attach it to the clean surface. VpCI-105 emitters can be installed in any position. For volumes greater than 5 cubic feet (141.6 liters), use more than one device. If the enclosure is not totally airtight, or if the access doors are opened frequently, replace the VpCI-105 device more often than every 2 years. After periods of heavy maintenance, replace the device. For additional protection spray the enclosure very lightly with ElectriCorr VpCI-238 or VpCI-239.
Description: Plastic emitter cup with breathable membrane
Measurements: 2.25" Diameter x 0.75" High ((5.7 cm D x 2 cm H)
Packaging: 1 individually wrapped device
Protection: 5 cubic foot (141.6 Liters) per device.
Product should not be exposed to temperatures over 185°F (85°C).
Cortec Product Code: 15000092.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Silica Gel Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.