Our high capacity calcium chloride desiccant is specially designed to protect cargo during shipping by absorbing moisture from the air. This reduces the dew point temperature (the temperature where condensation begins to form, causing “container rain”), keeping cargo safe and dry. Strips come with hooks to easily hang throughout the shipping container.
Strip material is Dupont™ Tyvek® which is made from high density polyethylene fibres. This makes the strips durable and tear-resistant while remaining lightweight and flexible. In addition, it is resistant to water, chemicals, abrasion and ageing.
8 strips will protect a 20ft container (33m3); 16 strips will protect a 40ft container (66m3).
- Ship goods without the threat of “container rain”
- Inhibits the formation of mould, mildew, rust, corrosion & condensation
- Absorbs up to 280% of its weight in moisture vapour
- Contents of strip will turn from powder to gel signaling the need to replace
- Durable back-sealed and tear-resistant Tyvek® strips
- Provides up to 90 days or more of moisture protection
- Prevents weak cartons and loose labels caused by moisture
- Environmentally safe and can be disposed of as normal waste
- Shipping containers transported by air, sea and land
- Protection of leather goods, furniture, textile products, etc
- Protection of auto parts, machinery, metal products, etc
- Ideal for boats & RV’s as well as long term storage applications
|Desiccant||Calcium Chloride mixed with Starch and Palygorskite|
|Packet Material||Tyvek strip with hook for hanging|
|Dimensions||150mm x 215mm|
|Net Weight||500gm strip|
|Quantity||8 strips per PE bag; 2 PE bags per carton|
|Shelf Life||2 years in original (unopened) packaging|