Indicating silica gel packets are ideal in applications where visual control of moisture is required. The silica gel turns from orange to green as it adsorbs moisture, indicating the need for replacement. The packets work by adsorbing and trapping moisture from the air, lowering humidity and preventing the formation of mould, condensation and rust in enclosed spaces. Silica gel can adsorb up to 40% of its weight in moisture while remaining dry to the touch. It will remove moisture at temperatures as high as 60°C, but it is best used at room temperature (20‐35°C) and high relative humidity (60‐90% RH).
Packet material is OPP (oriented polypropylene) which has a slower adsorption rate when compared to Tyvek®, making it ideal for maintaining an existing dry environment. The material is transparent which allows the user to monitor the silica gel as it changes colour.
- Orange indicating beaded silica gel turns green as it adsorbs moisture, indicating the need for replacement.
- Transparent OPP (oriented polypropylene) packet material with back seal
- Packet measures 85 x 120mm
- Silica gel remains dry when saturated with moisture
- Inert, non-toxic and non-corrosive
- Lowers relative humidity to approximately 35-40%
- Electrical enclosures
- Computers & electronics
- Wall and floor safes
- 3D printing filament
- Hearing aids
- Musical instruments
- Cameras, binoculars, telescopes & optics
|Contents||Orange to green indicating silica gel|
|Packet Material||Perforated OPP (oriented polypropylene)|
|Dimensions||85 x 120mm|
|RH Levels||Lowers to 35-40% RH|
|Protects||38.5L of enclosed space|
|Shelf Life||2 years in original (unopened) packaging|